I am on Lipitor and Plavix due to recent heart attack. I usually drink 4 beers per day. Is that OK?

barbles2413 15 Dec 2009

Not to give you a short answer but I really think your doctor should advise you on this. You have already gone through a rough time I wouldn't want you to try it without your Doctors blessing. Good Luck and God Bless. You must be feeling much better or you wouldn't have asked this question. I will praynthat you continue to remain in good health from here on in. I hope this helped a little. I know you probably wanted a go ahead but WOW you have come to far for anyone but your doc to make the call. Have a great holiday and if you get that beer make a toast to me. Thanks Barb

Rajive Goel 20 Apr 2010

I take bot the medications myself, used to a heavy drinker now have given up alcohol totally. Please seek advise from your doctor, it is not recommended to consume alcohol, specially beer it increases triglycerides in the blood.