I am on 50 mg of trazodone and have ringing in my ears does anyone eles experience this?

duckski 25 Jun 2011

Hi Jaime,
I started out on 50mg of Trazadone as well, without any ringing sensation. My Dr. Told me that this med is extremely safe, with minor complications, I am now at 150mg per night for sleep, it seems to work great. I guess the best direction would be to let your Dr. Know about this occurrence and take it from there.

Duckski

Anonymous 25 Jun 2011

Hi jaime2285,
I did a little research on Trazadone, and did not see Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears as a side effect. But that doesn't mean that your tinnitus is not caused by Trazadone.
You may want to call your chemist/pharmacist about this unpleasant side effect you are having.
Are you on any other medications? If so, would you mind listing them, perhaps if you are on other meds, it may be caused by one of them.
I get tinnitus from water in my ears, just thought I'd share that with you. There are many reasons for tinnitus, you may want to google it. Even taking aspirin can cause this.
Best wishes to you,
'sweetlemon

Anonymous 25 Jun 2011

Hi there sweetlemon. bumped into Mary in another question. Told her that if she bumped into you, and if you were coming by for brunch today, if you could, bring us some dainish. Java Joe is hot, fresh pot just made, a pot of tea is also made, in case Billy comes by. He mentioned yesterday that he might set up a sweet table tomorrow. Mentioned all sorts of good stuff. ha! so, time to sit a minute, enjoy a cup, and take in a afternoon ball game. Grilling up a few brat worst and dogs as I speak. See you SL, care for a cup? Oh, I enjoyed your answer, be well my friend ha!

Anonymous 25 Jun 2011

Hi Pledge,
How about apricot danish? And raspberry too, oh and some cheese, and maybe blackberry. I will bring blackberries for everyone, they grow wild on my property, that and grapes, of the concord variety.
I'll be right over pledge, so save me a hot cuppa Joe would you please?
I'll go pick up Mary, and we will be on our way!!!
xxxx
Lara

Anonymous 25 Jun 2011

Hey, pledge, after Lara picks me up we can stop by & get Billy & Mom too! I'll bring some cheese danish if someone will scratch my back after wards! ha! Good to hear from everyone. Hope all are well. As far as the tinnitis, I was going suggest the aspirin approach too. Even a baby aspirin a day for circulation can do this.