I am on 100mg of Pristeq. If the medicine doesn't work will a higher does work?

Marvell 1 Mar 2011

It is best to discuss this with your doctor.

LaurieShay 1 Mar 2011

Hey mamawathome,

The recommended dose for PRISTIQ is 50 mg once daily, with or without food.

In clinical studies, doses of 50-400 mg/day were shown to be effective, although no additional benefit was demonstrated at doses greater than 50 mg/day and adverse events and discontinuations were more frequent at higher doses.

So I would think it would not be advantageous to take dose higher than 100mgs.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

Anonymous 1 Mar 2011

Hi mamawathome I am on 50 mg of Pristiq & have decided not to go higher on the dose simply because of the possible side effects these drug's may cause.I agree with laurieShay to go talk to your doctor.Have your thought about having a look at the natural approtch , why I ask this is I have found fantastic benifits by taking the herb called Valerian forte which can aid anxiety, stress also aid sleeping problems.Do hope you get the help you need to solve this problem, I wish you the very best ! take care Candypq.