I am looking for parent support groups in Chicago for parents of children with myophathy please?

lil_flutterby 31 Oct 2011

Hi there RiasDaddy, on doing a quick search i found this site ( i am unsure if we are allowed to post links but here goes nothing) http://www.mda.org/publications/mitochondrial_myopathies.html

The next thing I would suggest would be to ring the Childrens hospital, or Eye hospital closest to you , both of these should be well equipped with infomation for you and should give you some suggestions. If this fails, please ring the doctor that diagnosed your child with Myopathy and he should be able to give you any information you need .

As this is not an uncommon diagnosis in this day and age,I am sure there will be a support network where you can find other parents in your predicament, that will be looking for answers just as you are.

I hope all goes well, and hugs to the little one.

Kind Regards.