I have been on the fentanyl patch for a few months now, and it seems that no matter what the strength, the patch only lasts about 24 hours for me. I am already up to the 75 patch, with still no difference. My doc mentioned methadone, which I really don't want to do.
I was thinking about switching to oxycontin, but last time I tried that, my doc only gave me 40 mg every 12 hours, which was not even near strong enough. So I was thinking about going back to my doc with the exact dosage of oxycontin I want, and just being really firm about it. The fentanyl is just not working, and I really don't want to do methadone. The only thing is I know my tolerance is really high right now from the fentanyl, so it has to be a pretty strong dose. I was thinking about 100mg oxycontin every 8 hours, with oxycodone 10/325 every 4 hours for breakthrough. Does this sound reasonable?