methadone 50mgs. every am. the dr. put me back on oxycontin 20 mgs twice a day and i'm worried because i have been told that they have changed oxycontin and oxycodone and put naltrexone in them which with my methadone will cause me to go through withdrawls. yes, i am honest with my dr and he knows i am on methadone. when i got this new oxy's filled the color was the same but instead of having oc 20 they have op20 on them and i don't want to die! will someone please tell me why or if i was given the wrong rx. i was told that there are no generic's for oxycontin .
You have nothing to worry about. The following is the list of ingredients for the new formulated OP Oxycontin:
Active ingredient: oxycodone hydrochloride
Inactive ingredients in all strengths: butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), hypromellose,
polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene oxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide.
• The 10 mg tablets also contain: hydroxypropyl cellulose.
• The 15 mg tablets also contain: black iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, and red iron
• The 20 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and red iron oxide.
• The 30 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide,
and black iron oxide.
• The 40 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and yellow iron oxide.
• The 60 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80, red iron oxide and black iron
• The 80 mg tablets also contain: hydroxypropyl cellulose, yellow iron oxide and
FD&C Blue #2/Indigo Carmine Aluminum Lake
In case anybody is wondering where I got the ingredients from, please go here:
(You will need to have a PDF Reader installed to read this document).
They did not add an opiate blocker to the new formula oxycontin OP. What they did do is make it so you can't crush it into solution and inject.
Hope this helps,
- OxyContin Drug Information
- Methadone Drug Information
- Naltrexone Drug Information
- Oxycodone Drug Information
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Would someone taking Acetamenaphine-Oxycodone test positive for Oxycontin or Methadone on a drug te?
Posted 5 Feb 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 11 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 19 Dec 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 22 Dec 2011 • 3 answers
I have CRPS. I take OC 60 2x day & Oxycodone for BT. Anybody had luck w any other med combo for pai?
Posted 20 Sep 2017 • 0 answers