I am having surgery. What pain medicine can I take that does not contain codeine?

mitjason 29 Dec 2009

Many. I would ask your surgeon. Usually they send you home with Lortab or Percocet after a surgery. They also us injectable Fentanyl during the surgery to prevent pain. It also depends on what type of surgery you're having. I hope this helps. Happy Holidays!

barbles2413 30 Dec 2009

That would depend on many things like what type of surgery you are having what is your current medical condition your age how quiet the doctor wants you to be post-op. I am sure between you and your surgeon and the anesthesia team you will be give what is the safest and what is going to keep you most confortable. I hope this helps I will pray that all goes well with your surgery Good Luck