I am currently taking Tramodal for back pain. Will this show up as hydrocodone on urinalysis?

christineATU 1 Jul 2010

I copied this information for you. Be sure and tell the tester all medications you are currently prescribed or have taken within the past 30 days. Even OTC ones.

"Ultracet is used to treat moderate to severe pain for a period of five days or less. It contains two pain-relieving agents. Tramadol, known technically as an opioid analgesic, is a narcotic pain reliever. Acetaminophen is the active ingredient in the over-the-counter pain remedy Tylenol."

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/ultracet.html

There has been a lot of misconceptions about this drug. Since it is a known fact tramodol is addicting, more and more facilities are testing for it.

Good luck to you,
Chris

jk13 1 Jul 2010

Hydrocodone is derived from the poppy and is an altered form of naturally occurring chemicals from opium. Therefore, it would be considered an opiate. Tramadol is a completely synthetic drug that hits on the same receptors as does the opiates, however, due to the fact that it is completely synthetic, it is considered an opioid by definition. (Both are opioids, but both are not opiates). I sincerely apologize as you probably already know this, but 9x's out of 10, someone will bring this up, so I figured that I'd clarify the details of the two.

whito13 15 Mar 2011

i am currently taking tramodal for back pain.Will this show up on a urinalysis?

jk13 15 Mar 2011

I doubt it. Tramadol is an SNRI chemically that happens to hit on the Opioid sensors, but it isn't an Opiate like is hydrocodone, or a more common synthetic such as methadone. It is nonetheless an Opioid, and it couldn't hurt to bring along your doctors script on the off chance that something comes up.

Anonymous 15 Mar 2011

Since this was posted 9 months ago, I am sure you have found your answer by now. Can't figure out why I get these postings now! Anyway, yes is the answer, but if you have a prescription , & are upfront about it, it should not be a problem.

jk13 15 Mar 2011

It seems that every time that an old question is commented on, and you were involved with the original discussion (or are marked to be notified according to the according topic), it becomes sort of like a new question again. The last posting was asking a question that was actually new, and had not been asked before - the whole does tramadol show up in a drug test... Hope that this makes things a bit more clear,
Jeff K

jk13 15 Mar 2011

and duh, didn't even look at the original question - haha, regardless, there was no for sure conclusive answer ever posted previous to yours