I am a chemo patient who has been prescribed marinol 2.5 is this a strong dose?

itsmetoo2 18 Dec 2009

That is the lightest dose made.
https://www.drugs.com/mtm/marinol.html

"Dronabinol (Marinol) is a man-made form of cannabis (marijuana is an herbal form of cannabis). Dronabinol causes many effects on your central nervous system.

Dronabinol is used to treat loss of appetite in people with AIDS. It is also used to treat severe nausea and vomiting that is caused by cancer chemotherapy. Dronabinol is for use only when other medications have been unable to control the nausea and vomiting."

barbles2413 19 Dec 2009

From my research it appears to be the lowest dose administered. hope this help Gook Luck and God Bless. I will keep you in my prayers

chacha618 10 Dec 2011

no it is not a stronge it is just enough to make you eat more, and to settle your stomache, so you can keep the food down. just take it as directed and you will be fine
.