I am 43 and my gyno wants me off of birth control pills and is suggesting Mirena. What do you think?

pfcpremosgirl 21 Jun 2011

Well, I've had mine since 2007. This year is the first time I've had any problems. I couldn't find the strings. But an MRI showed it was still in place. When it comes out in 2012, I will have to have my cervix dilated to remove it, but I'm not too worried really. I don't have a period at all. It's the most convenient birth control for me and I love not having to think about it. I highly recommend it for any woman in a monogamous relationship who has already had at least one child. Plus I have high blood pressure, so the pill and other estrogen containing BC methods are just not right for me.

Kara592 28 Jun 2011

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. That does make me feel a bit better.