Hypothyroidism - Is anyone taking Synthroid and Liothyronine together?

Marvell 18 Jan 2012

The link below has reviews ... and a few people who have written the reviews seem to be taking Synthroid and Liothyronine.

https://www.drugs.com/comments/liothyronine/

jrose123 25 May 2015

Hi I just started on the cytomel I have been on levothyroxine for hears at 12t mg even though my tsh and t4 is normal I still had symptoms and weight gain of hypithyroidism so doc put me on 5mg of cytomel to start of since his extensuve thyroid test showed very low t3 levels and that is why he put me o this too thks drug as doc says does nothing for the t4 and the levothyroxine doesnt fix the t3 issue so the right med has to deal sith the correct issue since t4 must be converted to t3 and if nkt the t3 will be low and believe me I still gained weight and had symptoms of hypo even though the tsh was normal. Im glad I have a good doc and i feel positive that this cytomel will correct the issue

rossergrl 19 Feb 2012

Hi Gretchen, I do take both synthroid and liothyronine for Hypothyroidism. I have been taking them both for about a year now and have gotten really good results by taking them together vs taking synthroid alone which I had been on for a few years prior to the addition of liothyronine.

Hope this helps!