I am a 25 year old who has low T. I see my family practice doctor who has prescribed Androgel. I applied that daily for 2 months but my does was 10 grams per day (8 pumps.) It has been a pain to apply daily so I recently switched to the injections. My doctor is just a regular family practice doctor. I asked him if it would get to a point where I could self administer the testosterone once we get me balanced. He said no to that idea. I don't want to go in every other week to get a simple injection. Is this foolish of me, or do most doctors not write prescriptions for self administration of testosterone after the levels have balanced?

Also I'm only 25 as mentioned. I have read that hCG is recommended over pure testosterone at my age due to the fact that hCG will increase my natural testosterone. My doctor knows nothing about the subject is what I'm trying to say. What type of doctors do you all see? Any specialist such as Endocrinologists? How does your doctor treat your TRT? Should I find a new doctor? Any advice would be great!

Thank you all for your time!