Hydroxychloroquine belongs to a chemical class known as the aminoquinolones.
In more general terms, one will often hear hydroxychloroquine referred to as one of a group of drugs known as:
1. anti-inflammatory medications
2. disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
3. steroid sparing drugs
4. anti-malarial medications
Jeff Donovan MD PhD FRCPC FAAD
US & Canadian board-certified Dermatologist
- Hydroxychloroquine Information for Consumers
- Hydroxychloroquine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Hydroxychloroquine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
What is the difference between hydroxychloroquine and hydrocloroquine sulphate? After prolonged use?
Posted 29 May 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 15 Sep 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 24 Jan 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 4 Jan 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Jan 2013 • 1 answer