Is humara and imuran safe to take together? Im afraid of the cancer risks that come with taking it?

suzanne66 8 Aug 2012

You will need to discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Certainly the combination will increase your susceptibility to infection and require close monitoring.
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=102-32,296-139

paulaeberle 8 Aug 2012

Thank you suzanne66 he has expressed his concerns but still feels as if i need to take both meds together. Im just scared i would like to hear from someone who is taking or taken both drugs together and see how they have done.

andrewv 4 Nov 2014

Hi Paula!

I know it's been two years, but I would suggest not taking both at the same time. In my opinion, one or the other is much better than putting you life in danger of a much higher risk to lymphoma. I'm not quite sure about humira, but there is a blackbox warning for remicade and imuran together and should be avoided.