How to help with minimal methadone withdrawl symptoms?

tamara4U 16 Dec 2010

Hi there! My name is Tamara, and I have gone from a 96mg methadone dose to the point that I'm now at 8mg. This has taken awhile, but only because I had heard so many horror stories. I took matters into my own hands over Tday, and have gone from 35mgs to 8mgs in three and a half weeks. Give or take. So far, the worst w.ds have been a couple of sleepless nites (cured with Unisom, no more than one tab for me) and joint pain. I drink at least one ounce of wheatgrass, organic, every day if I can, but a few times a week seems to work, too. You can find it at any Whole Foods, New Leaf, juice bar... Jamba Juice has it but not organic.
Also, I exercise, even if just walking, every day. I consciously relax and remember to thank my wonderful body for its durability and very being.
Let me know how it's going for you... I'm curious. I decided on a rapid taper and will be going from 8mg to 0 over the next week...

O! I just reread the question and it looks like you're asking how to help someone else who is having minimal w.d.s?