I've been taking Bactrim DS for 3 days. How soon should I feel relief?

Anonymous 8 Aug 2010

If you are taking the bactrim DS for a bladder infection or UTI and are not better by tomorrow, please ask whomever prescribed this for you if they cultured your urine or simply checked for the presence of white or red blood cells. There are 4 main bacteria that cause UTI"s and 3 of those are treated easily with bactrim, 1 of them needs a different type of antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon.

Birdhappy 9 Aug 2010

I was just on BactrimDS for a urinary infection. My Dr put me on a 10 day course. She said that the reason was that this was a paticularly bad infection. She said that even through, I felt better to take them to they were all gone & then come back for a culture of my urine. To determine if the infection was indeed gone. So it all depends on how long your Dr prescribes the medicine for. But be sure to finish it & go back for the culture as some infections these days are so hard to get rid of.