I started taking Subxone on July 8th, 2009. I had been taking about 20 Norco 10/325 a day for 9 months. We moved to a new town & I decided to get some help. The Subxone worked great at first, of course. My doctor prescribed 8mg 2 times a day. It made me so sleepy that after about 4 days I cut down to 4mg 2 times a day. After a few weeks I started feeling depressed & agitated. No it's not withdrawal, trust me I know that feeling and I know my body. I'm convinced it's the Subxone. I went to the doctor and he said I'm depressed because of my move. NOT true! This is a medication feeling. I take Effexor for depression and all of the sudden it's no working. Also I'm so sleepy still. I just feel bad. I asked to start tapering and he said HE was in no hurry... but I want to be chemical free. It's my body, my decision. I've read about tapering on here and I'm ready. I've been addicted to Norco before & got off. I guess I took what I thought would be the easy way out. Last time it really took a toll on my household and job. Please someone help me taper off. I'm ready. I'm 44 and want to enjoy life again. I've been on these a little over 3 weeks. I've heard the sooner the better. My doctor is in for the long run $$. I'll do what I need to do. I'm also taking vitamins & starting to work out. Only a week into it.

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any help you can give. I think there are some great people on here and they have lived through this. I want to be one of you..

Janet