How serious is it when you've had a mammagram and they call you back for a second one, ultrsound?

valerie2252 16 Sep 2010

since this was posted a couple of days ago I'm not sure if you have already recieved your answer I wouldnt worry to much at all, it could be tons of things but most of the time it is due to a malfunctioning machine or due to thtem not getting a propper picture (like something could be distorted) I would try not to worry as there is nothing that can be done right now and worrying does nothing to help. Although I know it is very hard not to do, so I done blame you for worrying. please keep us posted and let us know what the results are. Have you tried calling the DR's office to ask why a second one is needed? This is a very general answer to your question, I dont know if cancer runs in your family, how old you are, if you are in good health, all of these would help with an answer to your question. But like I said please keep us posted, rty not to worry (which is so much easier said than done, and keep your spirits up and try to think positive.