How much weight gain,at what dose, and over what period of time have you noted w pamelor?

Anonymous 26 Jun 2010

Pamelor (nortriptyline hydrochloride) is used to treat depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression).

Your DOCTOR will precribed your dose according to:
Your age
Other medical conditions you may have
Other medications you may currently be taking.

You can either gain or loose weihgt... it depends on your organism. If I take i might gain weight ..if you do you might lose it... but to be honest the weight should not concern you so much, what is relevant is that you get back on your feet!

I am not a DOCTOR AND STRONGLY ADVISE YOU THAT YOU TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE POVIDER... OK

migrainez 26 Jun 2010

I am actually in clinical medicine and understand all of the generic things you listed above but thanks anyways. What I was looking for was some real life personal stories about people's personal experiences. It goes wo saying not to d/c any med but I would like to know side effect profiles. I understand some people may gain, some may lose - it's nice to see a cross section of replies, don't you think?