How much neurotin or gabapentin will help with opoid withdrawal?

BRRMARS 7 Jun 2011

It's not really going to help with opiate withdrawl, if you want a drug to help with opiate withdrawl you need to try suboxone, or tapper off very slowly.

rottiemamaabc 7 Jun 2011

Thank You for answering me. I do have a prescription for hydrocodone coming to me through the mail but finding myself short because I took an extra pill a day for two weeks to help combat sciatia... and it worked. But now I am out and never would have imagined that withdrawal would be so bad. I cannot eat, sleep and most all I do is run to the bathroom. I was recently prescribed gabapentin to help with nerve pain and thought it might have some effect to helping with withdrawls if I were to up the dose, I also take Robaxin-methocarbamol but finding the klonipin-clonazepam works the best. I do not think I will ever get myself into this position again and am going to pain management to discuss my opoid dosages.