How much is cymbalta was told it is expensive?

LaurieShay 25 Feb 2011

hey Vickie,

Cymbalta can be very expensive and there is no generic for it yet in the USA. The earliest a generic will be available is 2013. The price will very depending on where you live and the pharmacy you call. Please call around to several local pharmacies to get a price range for this medication. I think you will find it to cost in the several hundred dollars a month.

If you don't have insurance, you maybe able to qualify for assistance in getting you prescription from the maufacturer Eli Lilly. There number is:

•For medical information, call The Lilly Answers Center at 1-800-LillyRx (1-800-545-5979)

You can also go to the official website for Cymbalta:

http://www.cymbalta.com

and you can get a coupon for a 30 day free trial if you have a valid prescrip from your doctor.

Hope some of this helps,

Laurie

ashes01 27 Feb 2011

With my insurance I pay $40 per bottle per month. Without insurance it would have cost about $180-$190 per bottle per month.