How many people take synthroid?

vinsquet 5 Jun 2010

I do... About 10 years ago, started loosing weight rapidly, went to the doctor and was diagnosed hyperthyroid. Did a very low radio active iodine (RAI) pill and had a few nodules. Have been HYPO every since
Had been a smoker for about 28 years and just recently quit for the first time since November 23rd, 2009 and still smoke free. I have been on 0.075 MG Synthroid for about 8 years. When I use the generic, my system is pretty messed up. I find I cannot use any generic, but the brand synthroid. Three months after quitting, I found I was slowly crashing especially in the PM. Now I think I need T3's. Just had a full panel TSH blood work and my FT4 is a little high and FT3 low. Doctor prescribed 5 mcg Cytomel and as of today (June 4) and have worked my way up to 7.5 mcg by splitting pill. Feeling a lot much better, but not there yet. I have lost only 2 pounds within 2 weeks. I've been hearing wonderful review on Armour thyroid, a more natural medication that has T4, T3, T2 and T1. Depending on the results, I'm thinking of switching over. Have been reading review on this website and want to share and read other experiences.