Citalopram - How long will it take to take away fatigue and heavyness feeling?

Anonymous 11 Jun 2011

It depends. When I started taking citalopram about six months ago, I really felt so tired, and it felt like it slowed me down a little. But you have to remember that the medication takes a few weeks to get the full benefits from it, so it'll take time for some of the side effects to subside. I still feel some moments when I feel like curling up in a corner to go to sleep. If you take it in the morning, see if taking it at night would help. See what your doctor says.

Delila 14 Jun 2011

Hi, how long have you been taking it? The general rule for anti-depressants is to allow 4 weeks for them to start working most effectively, so if you haven't been taking it for this length of time yet then hopefully you will start feeling better soon. If you have been taking it for a while and still feeling lethargic try taking it at night as already suggested. I have been on it for about a year now and it has worked wonders for me