How long wil a uti last? Im n alot of pain so wat can I take 2 aleviate the pain w/ goin 2 er?

Robinlynnnn 29 Oct 2011

Drink plenty of Cranberry juice and plenty of water. There is an otc med called uristat that may relieve some of the pain/uncomfortablness. I really don't think it will go away without treatment from a doc. Though and will get more and more uncomfortable. The doc will prob give u a med called Bactrim,and let me tell u,it makes a huge difference from the 1st dose,,u will feel relief within the 1st 4hrs. I used to get them all the time due to a hormone imbalance,they r no fun at all. I hope u find relief soon hun. Happy Halloween!

beachbabydoll 29 Oct 2011

Thanx 4 ur response! I've ben on septra ds goin on my 3rd day and also a steriod.I took a bath @ my sis's while I was there. I neva take bath and when I do boom this hapns. I'm stil n pain and don't no how long these r suppose 2 last. I'm worried.

Robinlynnnn 29 Oct 2011

Im sure it wont go away until u either see a dr. or go to the ER,,once u get a script u,should start feeling better after 1st dose.

ElizaJane23 30 Oct 2011

Yes, you need to see a doctor or go to urgent care. If left untreated it could spread to be a kidney infection. These things can hurt really bad and cause very bad infections - best to get it treated by a professional.

Anonymous 29 Oct 2011

Hi beachbabydoll,
Try Azo Standard !! It works great for UTI pain. As does cranberry juice as, oh hells bells, I've forgotten her name, sorry!!
Also, Azo stains ones urine a bright orange colour, oh lovely!! So, please be careful with your lingerie!! Wear a panti-liner, and do scrub your loo often. It can actually stain the porcelain of your potty!!
Azo can be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy or supermarket.
Do let us know how you are doing? And ask for Zofran because Bactrim can make one ever so nauseated!!
I just went through a uti/kidney infection/kidney stones, and I know of what I speak. Mobic can have less nausea associated with it, yet still ask for Zofran? You won't be sorry!!
Best wishes,

tommyisarat 31 Mar 2017

The doc (urgent Care) put me on phenazopyridine 200mg and I IMMEDIATELY feel so much better. And this was a BAD UTI to the point where I wanted to cry. It's similar to the UTI medicines you can buy at like Walmart but I found those don't help relieve the pain, this medicine is amazing it doesn't even hurt and he also prescribed nitrofurantoin macro 10mg which seems like a great antibiotic because I haven't eaten today and it still didn't even make me sick. I suggest not wearing panties with some loose pajama pants or something because I think I originally got this UTI from not changing my tight panties for 2 days D: (I know horrible I've been really depressed) hope this helps. Don't be scared to tell the doctor what you want and what helps you its not like these are controlled substances. And I've been prescribed alot in the past for UTI that didn't help anywhere near as good as this does