How long should I wait before taken suboxone after taken lortab and xanax?

Anonymous 28 Jan 2010

You have to be in moderate withdrawal from the lortab before the suboxone will sit on the receptor sites and work. At least 24 hours after your last dose of both drugs. If you are taking a high dose of either, over 10 lortab a day or over 4 xanax a day, you need to wait a bit longer than that. You can google the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale ( COWS Sheet ) and you are looking for a score of at least 26 before you start. You can throw yourself into precipitated withdrawal if you take it too soon, this means megawithdrawal. You are not supposed to take Xanax ( or any other benzo or drink alcohol ) with suboxone. If you can stop the Xanax a few days before the lortab to make sure it is out of your system, that would be great.

kellyandtodd 28 Jan 2010

thank you i only took 2 10 mg lortab and 2 mg xanax im trying to get off all opiates and its really hard but i really want to stop taken those and suboxone helped before but i went back to taken opiates any idea on how to make the suboxone program better?

Anonymous 28 Jan 2010

Usually there are some underlying issues that make you want to take opiates and you probably need to find out what they are and work on those. I went through and outpatient clinic for overdependence on lorazepam and lortab and still go to counseling (group) nearly 2 years later. I don't think I would have stayed off without group.

kellyandtodd 15 Apr 2010

Thank you its good to know im not the only one who was addicted to opiates.since then im on suboxone and see a counsler 1 time a week,but im not crazy,lol