How long should I go without taking my suboxone to feel the effects like the first time I took it?

Anonymous 23 Sep 2010

Hi msmelissa, Could you be more specific by adding more info to your question? Like adding how it made you feel the first time you took it? The more info we have, the better we can answer your question.

Thanks,

Anonymous 26 Sep 2010

Isn't likely to happen as you have adjusted to it. You were most likely prescribed too much and felt euphoria, your brain has adjusted to the suboxone. I am not sure if this answered the question, but there is a ceiling effect for suboxone. Taking more than you need will only make you addicted to it, and possible cause other bad problems, like having extreme difficulty breathing and possibly death. If you want to skip days in between doses to see if you will feel the euphoria again, you can try that, try at least 3 days, but don't take more than you should or add medications that make you sleepy trying to get there as this is the dangerous combo that can depress your autonomic signal to breathe.