How long should I give zoloft to work... been taking it for 6 days and still feel anxious?

Anonymous 12 Nov 2010

It may take up to 4 weeks before the full benefit of this medication takes effect.

Take care.-

dazeygrl 12 Nov 2010

It took me about a month before I started to feel the full benefits. You would think that if your having anxiety attacks or panic attacks that they could give something that works a bit quicker.

sweetie pie 12 Nov 2010

K.S Forrest, hi! I have been on Zoloft for many years and I now take 200 mg. It has worked for my depression. My daughter has anxiety and she is on Paxil and Zanax CR. She says that nothing she has been on helps her except Zanax. She has been on Clonazepam and other meds. Most people I know do not take Zoloft for anxiety. As for the time it takes to work, everyone is different. It should start taking effect in about 2 weeks though. Pa xil is prescribed more for anxiety than Zoloft. You may want to talk to your doc about another med if Zoloft does not help you. Zanax CR is a new long acting med which slowly releases over 24 hours. My daughter says it works better than regular Zanax. I hope this is alittle help to you. I wish you the best and just remember that sometimes it takes a few trials of different meds before the right one is found for you. Sweetie Pie

dazeygrl 13 Nov 2010

I was diagnosed with panic disorder and my doctor put me on 50 mgs of Zoloft & she also gave me Xanax for breakthrough attacks. I did question my doctor about Zoloft because I knew it was used for treating depression however she said that research is now showing that it also works for anxiety attacks and panic disorder.