How long should I continue taking Doxycycline after the redness on my face subsides?

bellablue32 15 Nov 2009

Continue to take the prescribed course of antibiotics. One of the reasons we are seeing such a rise in antibiotic-resistant organisms is because of failure to follow through with antibiotic regimen. Think of it this way: you take the pills until you look better or feel better, but you don't realize that the antibiotic has only killed the weakest bacteria involved in your condition. The full course of therapy is required to erradicate the strongest bacteria. If antibiotics are discontinued before the full course is taken, the strongest bacteria are still alive and ready to multiply, causing an infection for which a stronger antibiotic may be required. So in short, take the remainder of the medication according to the instructions on the drug label.