How long does methadone stay inyour system?

mpvt 28 Jan 2010

If you are talking about opiate urine testing then it can be detectable for weeks and sometimes longer. Methadone withdrawals don't start usually until the 5-7 day and can last for months and months. It is a totally different acting opiate then any other in the same category... Good luck... Dave

hazelcarter7 8 Jul 2012

I AM ON my 3rd day of NO Methadone and have been on it 4yrs... I felt weak for the first 48hrs... but now I'm on my 3rd day of No Methadone and my urine test will be Negitive for Methadone in 2 more days... I have been with my clinic 4yrs-Started on 85mls of Methadone and seen over 20 drug workers along the way... and addicts opinions to... It takes 3-5 days on a low dose... maybe up to a week if it was a higher dose... (I stopped at 3ml) Three days ago... I felt better today (Day 3) than I have since I stopped... So Good Luck and IT'S NOT THAT BAD "AT ALL" If it were... I would go to my cupboard right now and take some Methadone that There's a bottle of??? No temptation AT ALL... I just can't wait to give my first Methadone free Test in my Clinic on Thursday!!! I will have been off it a week by then!!! Day 4 tomorrow!!! Bring it on... sleep is up and down though!! That's my only complaint!!! I need a sleeping tab to get to sleep and STAY that way until morning!!! Sleep is the only downer on my Detox. Hope this helps!!!
Heather

hazelcarter7 8 Jul 2012

Heather