How long does it take for oxycontin to get out of your system once you start suboxone?

Anonymous 5 Aug 2011

Hey smdf,

OxyContin is a time released formulation of the Opiate Oxycodone. (just a little tidbit of knowledge for you). I think OxyContin takes 8 - 12 hours to be fully released. So you have to count from then. Oxycodone is one of the faster drugs. I think the half life is 3 to 4 hours. So I'm going to guess and say after 3 days there's nothing but a trace left in you. Are you asking this because you don't want to go into precip wds when you start Sub? If so you don't have to wait 3 days. I would think 24 hours is enough. You have to judge based on the severity of the wds. You want to definitely be uncomfortable. But I don't think there's any advantages in waiting until the wds are so bad you're ready to kill yourself. I was forced to do that this last time and I didn't feel normal on Sub for several months. It shouldn't take that long. By day 11 I should have been fine. Sometimes a person feels fine after 2 or 3 days. There are a lot of variables, and I'm not certain what they all are. Just make sure you're in moderate wds when you start the Sub. I'd start with 4 mg and if you still feel wds after 2 hours take another 4 mg. Give it at least 2 more hours and if you still want to jump out of your skin take another 4 mg. That should be good for at least 8 hours. After that do what your doc told you. He knew what you were on and how much. So his advice should be better.

Good Luck.

Anonymous 20 Oct 2011

i think its about 48 hours not too sure though cause ive taken a ua for pre employment and took my prescription thinking it would show up as something, and nothing did, and i had taken it that am, hope this helps