How long does hydrocodone stay in your system when been taken for an extended period of time ?

This question has also been asked and answered here: How long does hydrocodone stay in your system?

christineATU 29 Mar 2010

Usually 2 days for each day you were on it. Drug test? Sorry, see if you can have it postponed for 6 months. Hopefully a kid isn't involved.

christineATU 30 Mar 2010

Sorry about my answer. I am not myself today. I hope you accept my apology as I have no idea of your situation. It really depends on how your body metabolizes the medicine. My system seems to chew it up and spit it out. I had a random (valid prescription) and it came up negative. I had taken 40mg oxycontin at 6am, had the test at 2pm and it was clean. Try to stay off the meds for at least 3-4 days. It will probably be ok. Only my opinion. Once again, I am sorry for my piss poor attitude, no excuse!