I just finished my first course and have to go back for a followup. I was careful with the bacteria. In fact I cleaned toilet area and floor, faucet handles etc quite a few times AFTER the six hours. Bleach, of couse, is not the healthiest chemical around. I am just curious to know how long the virus lives in the bladder, (is it still alive after the six hours) how long it can live in voided urine, how long it can live once the urine dries. Thanks for your hlep.
BCG is a live product. In other words, it contains active bacteria that can cause infection. Some bacteria will be present for several hours in urine that you pass after each treatment with BCG. Any urine that you pass during the first 6 hours after each treatment should be disinfected with an equal amount (usually about 1 cup) of undiluted household bleach. After the bleach is added to the urine, it should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before it is flushed. If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.
- BCG Information for Consumers
- BCG Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of BCG (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
If after surgery for multiple tcc, found to be , low grade,, non invasive, and then 6 wks of bcg, a?
Posted 9 Oct 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Dec 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 4 Apr 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 12 Jun 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 1 Sep 2016 • 0 answers