How long before the mentral cycle starts up again, after taking medroxyprogesterone, for one week?

Marvell 6 Jan 2010

Have you been taking it for Amenorrhea?

You may have your period anywhere from between 3 to 7 days. Sometimes it may take up to 14 days. If you don't get one by then, please see your doctor.

ellite360 7 Jan 2010

not sure what amenorrhea is taking it because period stopped for 2 years and I'm too young for any menopause

Marvell 8 Jan 2010

Amenorrhea is when you don't get your period regularly, when you are supposed to. So yes, you do have amenorrhea.

ellite360 8 Jan 2010

thanks

PR7821 17 Jan 2010

It too, was prescribed for me for amenorrhea. I was told the SOP for me is to take a pregnancy test first, when my period is late. If the test comes back negative, take 5-7 days of medroxyprogesterone and then I should get my period. Repeat every time my period is late. I'm only 37 y/o, too young for menopause, but sometmes I don't menstruate for 4 months (w/o the medication). I've had all kinds of tests,everything comes back negative. I don't want to continue this way. Is there some other test you suggest?

JasmineC 21 Jan 2010

I am going through something similiar. I am 26 and I have a very irregular period. The thing is the entire time that I have been on the Medroxypregesterone, I was spotting, to the point that I had to wear a pad. I took my last pill on Saturday, and here I started bleeding very heavy. I don't know how long this is going to last, but I am tired of it.