How long after taking suboxone can I start taking hydrocodine?

shaatmyplace 18 Mar 2011

You should wait at least 4 to 6 hrs even then you may not fell the hydrocodine.Do you know suboxone is to treat the craving of hydrocodine?

subuser31 18 Mar 2011

When I have surgeries or procedures i have to stop my suboxone and take hydrocodone or percocet. but I usually wait four hours atleast.

Anonymous 20 Mar 2011

Hey subuser31, where have you been. Good to see you back.

Anonymous 20 Mar 2011

Ludwigg, the higher the dose of suboxone you are on, the longer it will stay on the brain receptor sites blocking the opiates. You can start the opiate while you are on subs, but it will block the effect of the opiate for between 2 and 5 days after your last dose of suboxone. Taking more opiate will NOT make it work faster, the suboxone has to recede off the sites completely for the opiates to work properly. In order to start suboxone again, you will have to go back thru withdrawal and let the opiate recede off the sites again or you will go into precip. wd. If you are on 8 mgs of subs, count on the opiates not working for at least 3 days.