How long after taking suboxon should I wait untill I can take methadon?

Anonymous 23 Apr 2011

Dear Charlie, I don't know all the particulars on your situation, but both methadone and suboxone are long acting opiate replacements. I sure hope your did not get this off the street as there is a very specific way to switch from methadone to suboxone and vice versa. If you will go to the suboxone.com homepage, there is a toll free number you can call, and they should be able to give you the best idea on this particular question. I am not sure myself whether there is risk of precip going from subs to methadone but going for methadone to suboxone, there is huge risk of it if it is not done properly. We have had a number of methadone questions here so far this weekend, and I think probably our posters who are the most knowledgeable about methadone may be gone for the Holiday, or haven't seen any of these posts yet. Perhaps they can help you at the toll free suboxone line i mentioned.

LaurieShay 23 Apr 2011

Hey, just wanted to share that the number is 1 877 SUBOXONE.

Good luck!!