How is xyzal different from loratidine[ claritin,allegra]?

Anonymous 24 Jun 2010

Allegra relieves the itchy, runny nose, sneezing, and itchy, red, watery eyes that come with hay fever. It is also used to relieve the itching and welts of hives. Allegra is a type of antihistamine that rarely causes drowsiness.

Claritin / Loratadine is generic they are bothantihistamines that relieve the sneezing, runny nose, stuffiness, itching, and tearing eyes caused by hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. they also relieve the swollen, red, itchy patches of skin caused by hives. Claritin and loratadine are also available as an over-the-counter product.

Xyzal is a prescription antihistamine medication that is approved to treat the following conditions llergies, including seasonal allergies and allergies that occur all year long (known as perennial allergies) chronic hives due to unknown causes (known medically as chronic idiopathic urticaria).

ndsaddl 25 Jun 2010

Thankyou very much for this answer. My son has been sufferring with chronic idiopathic urticaria for many years but no one has ever given it a name.It was just called a severe allergic reaction to ... Xyzal is the only med he has ever taken that has helped and his insurance will not approve it. They do not see it as medically necessary .I have given him all the other types of allergy meds but they do not control his skin rashes. Any idea how I can get the ins. company to approve it as medically necessary. I've been able to get samples for him to take for the past two years but now they r much harder to come by . any suggestions?