How effective is vitamin b12 for weight loss?

Anonymous 6 Mar 2011

I've never heard of Vit B-12 for weight loss alone. If you are dieting, you should be eating a better selection of foods & smaller portions for weight loss. A multi vitamin with B12 would be sufficient I believe to get you on the right path. If you are anemic you may need the Vit. B-12.

madhattersbash 6 Mar 2011

Hi:
My husband has pernicious anemia, so I have given him his B-12 injections for many years. He thought it would 'help' me with losing weight and also give me more energy... so he started giving them to me! Well, if you don't have a B-12 deficiency, nothing happens. I didn't lose weight and I never got a 'buzz' from getting the shots! If you do get an injection, check your urine the next time you have to pee--- if the color is a pale pink, then the B-12 has just gone straight thru your system and back out again.