How does voltaren compare to oxycodone in releiving pain?

christineATU 29 Jan 2011

Hi just curious, Voltaren is an anti-inflammatory (NSAID) that reduces swelling that could cause some types of pain like arthritis. It is not a controlled drug or narcotic. Oxycodone is an opiate that works on all types of pain and is a schedule II controlled medication. Depending on the source of pain may determine what medications your doc prescribes. I hope this helped.

best wishes,
chris

caringsonbj 29 Jan 2011

I used Voltaren a long long time ago but it was due to inflammation as Christine said it's to deal with pain related to certain types of arthritis, it is not a schedulled (controlled drug) like Oxycodone, it is just that they both are for pain but for different kinds, and as she said your doctor knows your condition and history and will best know what to prescribe for you. I too hope that you improve!