How does 1mg clonazapam compare to .5 mg of alprazolam?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Klonopin vs Xanax - How are they different?

marjorie zych 4 Dec 2010

The Clonazepam is stronger but xanax works longer once it starts working. I tend to like Klonopin (Clonazepam) the best. Good luck marjorie zych

oxyaaron 4 Dec 2010

you got it the other way around the xanax starts working faster and lastes for a shorter amount of time

marjorie zych 4 Dec 2010

Sorry I thought it was the way I had it. That is the way it does it for me anyway. Thanks for the correction, marjorie zych

oxyaaron 4 Dec 2010

oh and for the record, wasnt trying to be a smartass as everybody on here thinks that when i comment on there question i was being a smartass and i wasnt.

Sally10 9 Dec 2010

I completely agree with the theory that Xanax "kicks in" much quicker; but doesn't last as long (makes sense). I think Klonopin takes about 30-45 minutes to help me calm down!! That's a little too long when it's used for panic attacks, huh?

marjorie zych 10 Dec 2010

Yeh that is too long I agree but I think Klonopin lasts longer but when in the middle of a panic attack speed is a necessity. Good luck with the panic attacks they are NO fun. marjorie zych