How Do You Self Detox From Xanax 1mg 2 x a Day?

lilredlll 26 Dec 2010

the help i got was some breathing exerecises and self hypnosis. there are some cds u can get at the library. its good to have a dependable person to be with u for moral support...

wlipari 31 Dec 2010

Thanks for your help lilredlll !

kimberly1970 29 Dec 2010

I know this from experience from 10 years on xanax being prescribed in the end 2mg 4 Xs per day. YOU MUST taper off slowly DO NOT STOP taking the medication all together. There are really two things you can can potentionaly die from detoxing off and that is alcohol and benzos, due to seizure risks.
If not done properly. Depending on how long you have been on them. You say Img 2xs per day start by taking 1 and 1/2 per day do that for 4-7 days and continue taking a half mg less every day 4-7 days. Work with your Dr and come up with the best plan of action. Some rehabs will not even take patients detoxing off the benzos, due to the seizure risk of cold turkey. I went into a Medical rehab because I felt Because of the amount I was taking and prescribed for so long it was best for me. and honestly didnt have the will power to work with my Dr on the tapering off. I was a nurse for 15 years and have alot of experience. You will do fine if thats the amount you are actually taking.

wlipari 29 Dec 2010

Thank you so much!

wlipari 31 Dec 2010

Thanks for taking the time Kimberly to answer my question. You were very helpful and gave me hope during a very stressful period in my life.