I am 50 year old stroke victim that has extreme nerve damage and have suffered with chronic pain since 2004. I have been perscribed a good amount of different pain meds since 2004 such as: Oxycontin 40mg, Opana 40mg, and loratab 10's for break through pain with both of them. None of them seemed to help and I was not even able to get out of bed do to the pain from the nerve damage down the whole left side of my body, especialy my left hand. For the past year and a half I have been taking 80 mg's of methadone a day and it helps me function on a normal level as the woman that I am. In mid October of this year my doctor dropped me cold turkey. He didn't give me any reason for dropping me and the paper work says
"due to circumstances" and I didn't even get the letter that said that untill two months after he dropped me! I have successfully went through withdrawl off of the methadone and now my problem is my pain and I am quickly regressing back to not being able to function as a normal independent person. I need as much input as possible about how I can find another doctor to perscribe me methadone again. PLEASE HELP ME!!