How common are weight gain & costipation on geodon?

Anonymous 31 Aug 2010

From the individuals taking this medication the following is the % with regards to your question:

Weight gain -- up to 10 percent
Constipation -- up to 9 percent

With regards to statistics I do not have that information, sorry.-

Take care

stayc25 15 Aug 2011

During the first week, I lost 10 lbs and have continued loosing weight. I am working out now so I know that does add to the weight loss.
I have been constipated and I am hoping that ends really soon. lol But I didnt start with constipation until I went on 160 mg.

misspdangelo 29 Apr 2013

I have been on geodon for a little over a month and I feel like I have gained at least 5 pounds. I am very weight conscious and I am on this med because of my preoccupation with weight. Is anyone else gaining weight from this drug?

stayc25 29 Apr 2013

I went off Geodon and gained all the weight back. lol
But I will forewarn you- go off slowly. On accident I just quit. It took me 7 days of not sleeping- even with sleeping pills, Xanax- you name it. I threw up for 3 days. I was so fatigue it was ridiculous. I couldnt find anywhere where someone said how long it takes to get over the with draw... For me, it was a week. A long one at that.