ive have gained over 50 pounds from takeing prednisone. i was on it on n off for years and the last 2 years ive been on it more then off it but i stopped takeing it all together the past 6months or so cause of this weight gain.what can i do i really need help with this problem!!!
If you are noticing unexplained weight gain with prednisone, there are some things that you can do. Some suggestions include:
* Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include heart-healthy foods, such as:
o Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
o Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
* Limit foods with saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
* Get regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
* Limit your intake of alcohol.
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 30 Dec 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 1 Feb 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 9 Jul 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 27 Mar 2014 • 2 answers
I have recently weaned off lexapro after gaining 15 pounds and never able to lose it no matter what?
Posted 20 Oct 2015 • 1 answer