I'm a 19 year old female and I began taking Lexapro when I was about 15 years old due to extreme anxiety and depression. The first few weeks of being on it weren't the best. I felt like I was in a daze and had nausea. Those side effects went away though. The next couple of years were great. I had little anxiety but things improved 100% from where I was to begin with. This year, though, things completely changed.
I went to college. Luckily I stayed in my home town. Just a couple of months ago, one day changed everything. It was almost like I had lost touch with reality. I had moments of memory loss, extreme panics attacks, etc. So, I went to my doctor and he upped my dosage from 10mg to 20mg. Well, that made things worse. Due to that, I decided to take a break from college to focus on my health. A couple weeks ago I started taking half of a 10mg in hopes of slowly withdrawing from Lexapro. Things have gotten a little better but sometimes I still feel like I've gone crazy. It's a terrifying feeling. I still feel kind of out of touch with reality, forgetfulness, panic attacks, brain zaps. Sometimes I almost feel like I'm having out of body experiences. I feel like I'm a completely different person then I used to be.. literally. I'm just hoping that things will improve.
Also, I wanted to say that reading everyone else's stories have really helped me realize that I'm not going crazy. Even though I feel like it. God bless.