The surrounding circumstances:

I never had high blood pressure but always in the normal range; except for when I went to detox for alcohol in Auguest of this year when it was tested, when I went in, and it was normal. However, when I left 3 days later my BP was low. I do not know the #s, but they told me so. The Dr. ask me if I was feeling faint, which I was not and he said not to worry about it then. Now, after I had a relaps 3 months later and made another appointment about a month and a half after that because as before, I could not detox on my own because the first time before I went to detox, I have tried several times, once up to 4 days and constantly vomited day and night, not being able to hold down food nor water. Also, the first time I tried on my own, I started vomiting only after 2-3 hrs. and needed about a half of a pint to settle my system then I could drink other fluids and eat... that's when I made the appointment with detox again. (Fortunatly in Michigan your permitted to go into detox 2x a yr. and I'm thankful) The second time, however, I went a little more than a 13 hrs before I started to vomit. I never had sezures, I had one or two blackouts in 15 yrs. of hard drinking, starting only on the weekends with whiskey then I started to depend on it more often. I was to the point where I didn't do it to get drunk but only to stablize my system to function properly. I was between a pint to a fifth a day (24hr. period) only a few times less as I started to get insomnia. The also gave me other standard pills and vitimans for detoxing.With that being said about my history, the second time was 12/7/13 at 8pm when I went in and felt that I was starting to DT a bit but didn't vomit, again and blow all 0.00 on the breathalizer as I didn't drink for about 9 hrs prior. So, my blood preasure was not low at this point but in the normal range, then on the 9th when they tested me it was 111/80 which they considered normal. I took my usual sleeping pill that they gave me and slept very hard and solid. The next morning, the 10th, my BP spiked to 178/107! The staff checked it 4 times, once with the squeeze ball and still came out about the same. Then told me it was high and none of the staff 'NEVER' saw such a thing!(?) I informed then that I had my first cup of coffee that morning in over 3-4 months that morning and had salt on every bit of the 6 eggs I ate over the weekend, but that didn't seem to be the issue. They asked me to get it checked, because they checked it again before I left the facility, it only came down a little 173/105. They told me to go to Walgreens where I could get it done for free, so the next day, drinking no coffee, I checked it and it was still high at 150/102 and then made an appointment with the free clinic for the 19th of Dec. My question again is, if they 'NEVER' saw such a thing with such a spike in BP so quickly and they've been open for yrs., what would cause this?! Also, the free clinic told me to keep monitoring it and if it went up from that point to call them and they'll get me in earlier. I'll do so tomorrow the 13th.

I'm male, 53, 6'2"; 194lbs, up 5lbs since I went to the free clinic. Body Mass Index (BMI) 24.27.
I don't do drugs nor do I take medication, and I haven't really change my eating habbits, and eat fairly well during the course of the day. I rarely even take an alleve or Ibprophen for minor aches and pain. Oh, and I had a fairly sharp pain in my shoulder blade area..may have sprained it while sleeping 1 days before, and they gave me 3 Ibprophen and a few hours later when that didn't help take the sharp edge off, they gave me a couple of tylenal which did the trick till the next day then they gave me 3 more Ibprophen and that did the trick and just had a mild ache there before I left; the pain is gone today.

BTW, I had blood test done for organ damage and the blood tests came back good. The tests were: CBC (Dif/Pit)-Quest 6399, Lab293; LIPID PANEL-Quest 7600, LAB19; COMPLETE METAB PANEL-Quest 10231, LAB17; AMYLASE-Quest 243; LIPASE-Quest 606. My BP was 124/84 and didn't relaps yet. I had these tests done at the free clinic in Bay City, MI at Bayside Community Health Center for alcohol abuse about a month or so after I went to detox the first time... it was because I have numb and red feet for about 8 months from alcohol. The PA told me that it was from the alcohol, but I forget the name of the prognosis. They're not nearly as red nor numb as they use to be now also.

One more thing. I've been drinking since the age of 15 and on and off till now at 53yrs old and contribute, as I want to believe, not have damage to drinking up to about a gallon of water a day. Also, my dad use to be a drinker, he's about 78 now. My grandfather use to drink a shot of whiskey a day in his older age to level his blood presure because it was low..he use to be a drinker also. He lived to be in his mid 80s.

Thank You!