High Blood Pressure - Has anyone tried coenzyme Q10 for high BP? Does it work?

juie 19 Oct 2013

I know this question is old, but I have studied Q10 and take it myself. But I take it to counter the Lipitor I take which can cause side effects including insulin resistance. From what I have read Q10 would not be sufficient for lowering your blood pressure.

It is taken to make your blood circulate and get to the places that need oxygen, even your brain. You need a good internist to slow some of your cardiac processes not enhance them. I take it but also take a good high blood pressure med.

Lupetta2 19 Oct 2013

Thanks so much for your info. I'm only in the high normal range so its not time yet for blood pressure thank God. But I wanted to lower it into the normal range. I'm already exercising, have a healthy diet etc. This was just an adjunct to what I'm already doing. I'd definitely do meds if I was at a higher level. Thanks so much!

juie 20 Oct 2013

It sounds like you are on the right track. Truly, I had never heard of Q10 for high blood pressure, but I think maybe you sent me something that mentioned it.

Please don't follow in my footsteps, as I abused my body too long and now I have to take so many pills I have to organize them. I am dieting too, but my blood pressure is not budging much and for the last YEAR I have been trying different medications to get it down.

A worry that I never even thought about when I had untreated High BP, was the harm it could do to my KIDNEYS. OMG, I don't want to end up on dialisis and I already have test numbers that are not normal. My doctor really wants me to drink one gallon of water a day. Ugh. I don't have diabetes yet, but am borderline. I really thought that all these BP pills worked well and right away. Not so. Like antidepressants, they are specific to certain people.
What a hassle and waste of time.