Hi my name is danielle and I will like to know what is nucynta?

Rajive Goel 23 Sep 2011

Hi Danielle,

Nucynta is an opiate pain reliever. It is the first new molecule for pain relief to be developed within the past 25 years. It is approved to treat moderate-to-severe short-term pain in adults.

This medication is a narcotic and is a "controlled substance" in the United States.

Take care, best wishes.

LaurieShay 23 Sep 2011

Hey danielle,

Can't add much to what Rajive wrote but here is a link to more info about Nucynta:

https://www.drugs.com/nucynta.html

Hope this helps,

Laurie

Rajive Goel 23 Sep 2011

Thanks Laurie... take care

angielee 24 Sep 2011

agree with other responses. There is, according to results I found increased risks for serotonin syndrome as compared to other opiods. If you are on an antidepressant discuss risks with your doctor. nucynta includes a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor effect so be familiar with symptoms to watch for if you are taking an antidepressant like Effexor, Cymbalta--SSRI SSNRI . Apparently this can be a SIGNIFICANT problem. good luck and God bless