Hi... I got cough about 2 week,but I don't know how to stop it,because I'm pregnant 30 week?

suzanne66 12 Feb 2012

It is important that you consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines during pregnancy.

Is your cough phlegmy and chesty (productive) or dry and irritating(non-productive)?

For a productive cough the expectorant guaifenesin helps loosen a chesty cough can be used, though drinking lots of water is just as effective for this. You could also try using steam inhalations to help liquify mucus and make it easier to cough up.
For a dry non-productive cough the cough suppressant dextromethorphan has been in widespread use and is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy, providing it is only taken for short periods of time and using the smallest dose possible. However, it is probably best to avoid it in the first trimester.

Soothing cough mixtures such as simple linctus, or sucking lozenges containing honey or glycerol to coat the throat, are the safest option to reduce coughing. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines during pregnancy.