all, so I'm telling everyone together. I have been extremely depressed. I can't believe the pain that I am in, and I am scared that this is permanent. I have been told that possibly my spine is still swollen, and that is why I am having problems, but it makes no sense to me that the SNS works in every single place from my waist down, but doesn't TOUCH my back!! My main problem is my back, and I am having severe problems. My PM wants to start lowering my dosage of meds in two weeks, and I need them to go up for the first time in years!!! I have been told that it can take up to a year for the swelling to go down, and until then, I really don't have a failed SNS. This is the answer that the company, St.Jude Medical customer service told me . A year??? I had the surgery done when I did, March 12, so that I could dance at my son's wedding later this month, and now, I can barely walk without the walker. Even with the walker, I wear out quickly, and the pain gets worse. I am not sleeping well because of the pain, and I am not taking extra meds from the surgery anymore. It's not the surgical pain that is hurting me!! (Well sometimes, but that is nothing compared to what everything else is doing)

The company sent out an "expert" to program the stimulator, and she took over 1 1/2 hours with me to try and get it right. WRONG. Like I said, I can get my toes, feet, heels, legs, waist, pelvic, butt, but NOT my back where I have the most pain! I have to build up my energy just to last through the wedding, and I simply don't know what to do. I am so worn down from all the pain from the surgery, that I have no energy. Not sleeping doesn't help either. I DO have an appt. with the surgeon next week, and the week after with my PM. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening, and I hope that you all understand why I haven't really been in touch.