Hey Ive been on oxy's for about a year and is it possible to quit them in one month?

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

Hi new to the game, Yes, you can get off the Oxy's. People here at drugs.com recommend the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawals. You can google it. This recipe will give you a list of over the counter meds that you will need while going through withdrawal. You do not say how much you were taking, it would help us to help you if we had that info.
I did a cold turkey W/D off of prescribed Oxy... I took it for 10 years. I was taking 160mgs when I flushed those devils down the toilet.
If I did it, you can too!!!
Wishing you the best,
sweetlemon

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

Right on sweetlemon knows exactly what she is talking about check out the thomas recipe it could be very beneficial for you.

new to the game 23 Jul 2010

Thanks so much Sweetlemon. I am going to look that up. So for your info, I have been taking anywhere from 80 to 200 mgs a day, for at least a year. I remember not too long ago I didnt have any oxy's for 2 days and I was bed written. I could not function for the life of me. I have more info about my situtation if your interested. Like my name say's I am new to the game. I have never tried to stop taking oxy's before. And I had a small taste and it was hell!!!

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

Yes anything is possible if you really want it some people get this in mind but its really a matter of doing it. Once you do decide to do it and commit make sure you let your doctor know about this plan so he/she can help you ween off of them slowly cause you can have severe withdrawls. Once withdrawls set in if you have nothing to help you it can cause you to fail and you want to be successful at this im sure or you wouldnt have asked us this question right. If you are needing any other support besides your doctor we are here for you as well if you are needing to talk to someone. All of us here have either came off opiates or are on opiates and can help you get through it.

new to the game 23 Jul 2010

Well Mrspage82, you sell a good story and I am buying! lol. I actually don't have anyone to talk to about this situtation. Im not gonna lie im a little nervous because im not sure wants to come. I take oxy's for a reason. A year ago I devoleped restless leg syndrome. And a long story short I started to take matters into my own hands and started buying oxy's off the street. But now my whole life is in jepordy and I am finally getting help from the doctors! I thought of it as an easy way out buying pills from the street but now ive screwed up everything in my life. You people seem very nice here and I would love to chat some more!

Anonymous 23 Jul 2010

Im so glad you enjoy it here i joined in april and have not stopped talking to some of my dear friends now sweetlemon,christine,depression 2,maso,cheersrichard,and bucky 1 so so many more we are really like one big family here. I have to admit its nice to know you have a whole bunch of people that really really do care about you! I would love to hear from you if you just wanna chit chat and if you dont want everyone to know your business you can send me a private message just go to my profile and click on ask a private question. I do hope to hear from you soon and stay fighting the good good fight against oxys. I have to admit i take alot of norcos i hear a big gasp anytime i tell anyone im prescribed 180 norcos a month but i know some people that get like 200. I have a herniated disc and disc bulge in my lower lumbar that is also pinching my sciatica nerves it is very very painful and i dont know how i would function everyday without them. Anywho nice talking to ya new to the game and hope to talk more your friend michelle.

Anonymous 23 Jul 2010

Hi new to the game, How are you doing? Let us know if ye need support or a shoulder to cry/scream on.
mrspage is very knowledgable, and a great friend with a great sense of humor... which is important while in the throes of withdrawal.
sweetlemon